Wednesday 26 June 2024

Day 21: Dearth of Nothingness

Today's blog will be very short.  There's not much we can do when we have to be up at 4am in the morning for our flight tomorrow.  I have my alarm set on my phone and a wake up call scheduled.  Under no circumstances am I letting myself accidentally snooze for 10 more minutes only to wake up an hour later like I did in Orkney.

We got up for breakfast at 9.  Of course, we made sure Dad got caffeinated.

This will be more important to do tomorrow morning.  I think we might need to give him caffeine by IV in the morning just to get him moving.

After breakfast, we headed back upstairs about 10:30.  We wanted to be settled in our rooms before the scheduled power outage at noon. With the evidence from our floor, they're redoing some wiring, and I suspect it's to improve the wi-fi.  If this hotel lets down on any level it's that their wi-fi is a bit patchy.

My room continued to be very polite.

On a whim, I decided to take a picture out my window.  It's not as pretty a view as my hotel room in Sumburgh.

At least we don't have to go very far to get to the airport when we leave at a ridiculous hour in the morning.

The power outage came and went with no difficulty and Mum scoring a bag of Kit Kat from a kind cleaner.  For me, much of the afternoon was spent trying to catch up on the sleep I'm going to be missing tomorrow.  I'll probably be awake for 24 hours unless I magically get to sleep on the plane.  I should also comment that it looks like I'll have my row to myself tomorrow so that makes sleep more of a possibility.

Just in case I don't get to sleep, I downloaded a whole bunch of podcasts to keep me occupied.

Dinner was at 5pm today as we need to be in bed by 8 to guarantee I'll actually be asleep by 10.  Trust me, that sentence makes sense.

One last picture of Mum and Dad before I sign off to go get myself packed and ready for my very early bedtime for my even earlier wake up.

I would post stats but there were absolutely no animals in my part of Glasgow.





No comments:

Post a Comment